04-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #21
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
+1 to losing power with 7 to 10 degrees less timing.

I still think it may be fueling related.

Cobb maintains a very consistent A/F ratio even post-shift whereas the piggies not so much.

They seem to play catch up and can spike rich and then lean immediately post-shift by a couple of points.....a little bit of instability.

This is evident in the OP's AF ratio reading of 9.85 just after the shift.

(OP you need to rescale your AF graph since your y-axis values are out of range and we can't even see the line. Just press "p" after clicking on that particular part of your datalog and fill in the values for the pop-up menu to scale properly)

From personal experimentation - I can reduce the amount of flatlining I experience by running a lower Open Loop fueling number.

When I run an open loop number = 100, I flatline just about every time.

I currently run open loop at 85 and get better results with post-shift timing. It's not always perfect......but when it dumps post-shift, it only drops to3 degrees or so and climbs upwards immediately.

That is why I think it is fuel-related somehow.

Also.....didn't you state somewhere in another post that Cobb indicated a code for the fuel mode changed when the timing flatlined?

Here is an example of the timing drop using OL = 85: Not so bad!
Rob@Cobb had a theory that Fuel Mode 6 was causing flatlining behavior, but it wasn't the case.