View Single Post
      09-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #34
NCDC07
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Silver 07 328i

Wow, So I read this thread yesterday, and have been debating about what I was going to do.
I have a 2007 328i with 40K due next AUG, I wanted to buy it out becuase I like it and wanted to start mods. Was actually about to throw down some cash for rims.

So I owe 23K on my residual, I asked my dealer if they could lower it? since I am noticing the 07 goes for 24-25K right now and a 06 same "type" is going for 20k.
I asked if I could get away with 20k. He said No, for the exact reasons listed earlier. I asked:
1- If I give back the car and walk away, and my buddy comes back the next day what will he charge? Dealer: Market value and could get it for 20K...
2- I ask Can I give you the car on Monday and buy it back on Friday for a lower cost? Dealer: No, they track registrations so you cant do that.

I am really not understanding how this keeps you as a loyal customer? I love my car, but I am not buying it out for more than its worth, and one of the major reasons I leased was the lower residual compared to market in 07. the whole CPO thing and keeping the brand? again, why? Why do I want to go through he hassle of sending a car back only to buy another one becuase it saves me 3k? I understand the pricing is very broad and I am comparing est for next year, but still....
So I will buy mileage to 50K and buy new tires send it back and deal with it..
I guess the Camry SE my wife wants me to buy is going to happen...god I hate this.

Because a Dealer wants it for CPO, if I Blow out to 55K would they still want it back? knowing they cant CPO it? and knowing they will have to sell for less due to higher Mileage? or auction it?
Appreciate 0