View Single Post
      06-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #51
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

2 days ago I totally gave up installing gas/brake pedals since it was humanly impossible to stretch and fit them and today, after reading all 3 pages carefully, I managed to install gas/brake pedals in under 15 mins.

1. Acc. Pedal- pretty straight forward simple job except it's a bit tough to unplug harness (harness is very short so you just to have to manage unpluging with only feel of finger tips.

2. Clutch Pedal- it was a bit bitch installing but I used a little bit of WD-40 and it worked after 10 mins of trying. I used "bottom in" slide first tactic and right side, left then top.

3. Brake PEdal- it was surprisingly easier than clutch pedals. A bit of WD-40 and it just pop in (I slide in from the bottom first, then it actually slide in all the way to the top no problem).

I don't know using WD-40 was a good idea or not (since it'll take forever to dry them out behind the rubber pedals). But I only have 2 options:
a. My girl's KY Lavender lube
b. WD-40 lube.

So my logical choice was WD-40.
Thanks for tip guys- really w/o those tips, I would never tried again to install it myself.
Now it looks great like P-car style and matches very well with my M dead pedal. Much better than Performance Alu pedals that I had on my E92 335i.

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0