View Single Post
      06-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #70
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtac View Post
You couldn't be more wrong as far as my experience, and I don't need to refute that.

No one will ever dethrone the iphone not because of its fan base, but because of their track record of getting things right. None of the things they have really done are new, but they rework existing ideas and as steve jobs say make it "magic".
I could go into the other pieces you mentioned, but I'll focus on this.

That is the most short-sighted, and borderline stupid thing I've ever heard. That's what has been said about every company, every product, every EVERYTHING that has exist since the beginning of time.... and they're all eventually dethroned.

They will lose their hold eventually, someone will destroy them. Be it for price, be it for open source, be it an internal mistake.... be it by getting in bed with ATT, or something else entirely different...... mark my words, they will eventually go down.

With this in mind, I do believe the Iphone is currently the best phone on the market, but when you're #1........ lots of people want that spot, and the only way you have to go is down.
Think about it this way, they're one company....with essentially one product (apple computers are a niche, and niche only product, they are a VERY long way away from truly competing). Most of their resources are dedicated towards said product, so they will continue to grow. But they're also competing against many many other big, 'top dogs', that all want that spot, and will do anything to get it...

I am the one that called the iphone revolutionary in the cell phone industry. Does this mean they'll always remain top dog? Hell no.....
Appreciate 0