View Single Post
      10-27-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
Joshboody
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: pickemuptruck

good question... i am debating this also. And live in Phoenix. I think it does depend on boost expectation, and other mods. originally I was thinking meth, but I don't really plan on DPs, or changing stock intake, so i will be limited on boost, thus FMIC maybe better for me.

my other thoughts pertain to timing. Unless you retard timing, especially in AZ, we will and do bounce of the knock limit even in stock form. Meth cools below ambient, and should keep you away from the stock timing target and thus safer in the long run.

The stock FMIC works very well at 8psi and I would think at 8psi stock=aftermarket FMIC (or close), but at higher boost timing curve changes even with FMIC... so IAT similar to stock, but higher boost... thus timing needs retard. BUT with meth maybe not and less timing worries. I know timing is a huge subject on this board, and i think the DME is designed to locate knock and retard, but i would feel better if i never saw this. We know how the JB and procede work, but wish the flash guys would give more feedback... this would help my decisions. FMIC you have more tunning options.
Appreciate 0