View Single Post
      06-05-2016, 07:12 AM   #106
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Update on my issues. Figured since with the new sensor the lights were still coming back (though at highway speeds now), that the issue was going to be the wheel bearings unfortunately. Which at only 40,000 miles on the car, seems ridiculous.

Took it into my indy, and he used a bore scope to look inside the hub, and noticed lots of gunk and rust on the magnetic ring. He cleaned it out and lights are gone! So luckily at this point new wheel bearings weren’t needed.
Very cool! After all this time, I finally bled my brakes twice yesterday (second with the laptop). My pedal is now firm, and I slammed on my brakes again today as the road was wet. Abs works, no errors, laptop went flying (dOH ). I can now say that I can do the DSC Hydro replacement soup to nuts.

Sounds dumb, but label your lines 1-6, and be really uber careful with the 3 nuts that secure the bracket. I think a little fluid is gonna drip, so do not panic and wipe with a wet cloth. Also, those shelf caps get really slippery, I dropped 3. Again, do not panic you can get them if the pump is out.....huge savings on this job by DIY........
Appreciate 0