View Single Post
      11-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #47
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaks View Post
Just had to try it. Yes, the 4 wheel drive system is disengaged. The car felt much more like my friends 328i minus the torque.

Easily spins the rear with a little left foot braking in second gear! (lotsa fun)

But the best part was the unexpected bonus when i put the fuse back in. Im not going to tell anyone yet, to avoid the placebo effect. Go try it, and i will tell you what I noticed in a couple days. Don't worry; no warning lights stay on, the wipers return to their normal operation. It was a very subtle improvement I noticed.

So get out there! If it is raining your wipers will remain on and it will be super easy to verify RWD.
I just did this for fun...5 mins...WOW

The car feels....almost slow to accelerate...I know its not, thats the nature of the RWD, I no longer feel the strong pull of the AWD (its been years since i've driven RWD)...feels so good. The rear does break loose on corners. You also loose traction control.

I still don't know why they wouldnt' make this user controllable if its just a fuse. RWD is the right way to drive.
Appreciate 0