View Single Post
      06-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #30
adubey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Try not to judge before you know the facts. OP has a Magnaflow catback. He didn't want to alter it for resale AND convenience purposes.

And frankly, who gives a shit? It looks exactly the same. N52 exhaust isn't going to shake violently like a Corvette's would or anything, so it's unnoticeable even with throttle.

If you want to talk about "fake" mods, look at your own car and make a post about all the shitty replica parts you have on it. Don't have "real" wheels? Just save up the extra 3k they cost. This community thrives off of replicas and clever solutions.

The N52 powered BMW is slow. It will always be slow. After a tune, there's essentially no cost effective way to get power.. So we go cosmetic. Why go through all the extra BS to have "true" quads when it makes no difference in aesthetics, damages the value of his catback, and doesn't make it any faster or louder? Give me a break.

Don't listen to the negative feedback from some of the people I'm simply going to label haters. The outcome was what you wanted and it looks great IMHO especially as it is purely a COSMETIC mod.