View Single Post
      07-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
Benz_05TSX
Rep
Drives: e93 328i

Hi "henry418"

My name is Benson Lai and I am one of the sales manager @ Wrap-Workz Aesthetic Decors in Richmond.

I am also the sales rep that dealt with your friend's S5.

On behalf of Wrap-Workz and myself, I apologize in advance that you feel this way about us and that your friend had an unpleasant experience with us.

The truthful side of the story was not told in full. I will explain in brief but I do understand where the mis-communication came from and why it led to this. Hence, I do apologize in advance on my part for how the situation was handled.

Your mentioned that Vehicle Graphics quoted him $150 at the time for your friend. However, the e-mail your friend forwarded to me was from BC Wraps, and they mentioned about "seamless" wraps and "seamed" wraps regarding their quote. I told your friend that we can price match any company and possibly beat their price depending on the job but only with a formal quotation. Your friend never sent us a formal quotation by BC Wraps hence we cannot just lower the price on our end. He only forwarded an e-mail from BC Wraps which we cannot consider it as a formal quotation, as the contents can be altered. I have already explained that to your friend.

Secondly, the majority of our wraps, we only use 3M material hence the cost is higher. Putting aside the "floating quote" of $150 supposedly by BC Wraps but with no formal quotation, our calculated cost of doing the wrap with the regular 3M material we use and the price of $150 was not possible. Of course, in order to make it possible we can use other materials or source other ways to satisfy the customer but in this situation, without a formal quotation to price match, I didn't see for a second approach until at least now seeing the vehicle in person. I promised your friend that I will work out the best price possible for him. I also tried my best to explain to your friend regarding the "seamed" and "seamless" application that BC wraps mentioned.

This leading to the appointment. Simply speaking, there was miscommunication, too much explanation would just seem as if I am trying to make an excuse and again, I'm just here to chime in for what exactly happened and I do take responsibility for not handling the situation as good as I should of by putting the whole company's reputation and business practice at risk; thus I feel I have to clarify this matter. (The owners are beyond anal about their reputation, business practice, and client/shop relations).

I was unable to come in that day for your friend's appointment and the communication between me and my co-worker about the S5 coming in wasn't as clear as it could of been. My co-worker went out to deal with a client meeting and since no one else was at the shop, doors were locked within that time frame.

Your friend made a 2nd appointment but we had a rescheduled photo-shoot for my car and another client's car. I have already let your friend know in advanced as soon as I was notified and explained the situation to him and he thanked me for letting him know. I followed up with another e-mail but your friend was either busy or kept delaying in which it's our que to stop chasing after the customer.

I hope this clears things up and again, I do apologize in advance for giving "henry418" and your friend with the S5 an unpleasant experience with Wrap-Workz and the awesome e90post forum members who are reading this misunderstanding.

If ANY E90post members here would like to get a quote or a wrap job done, Wrap-Workz will offer E90post members an additional 20% off wrap job.
Please call us directly 604.244.1666 for any further inquiries. Or if you have any questions regarding vinyl, how to wrap, and anything regarding vinyl wrapping, feel free to contact me via phone or my e-mail, benson.lai@wrap-workz.com. I will be happy to just help some fellow members out.

Again I do apologize "henry418" for leaving you such bad thoughts about us! Please do tell your friend I do apologize for whichever I did on my part to cause him to think this way.

Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

Best Regards,
Benson Lai,
Sales Manager @ Wrap-Workz Aesthetic Decors

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry418 View Post
I'm just letting people know what my friend went through. Great that you had a positive experience but my friend certainly didn't.

Maybe there is another story behind it but the things I know for sure are:

1) My friend had appointment at their shop. No one there so emailed/called few times to no avail. Waited 30 minutes. Later wrap-workz gave some excuse about how another employee should have been there. (Funny thing is, he told my friend "I will personally be there" a day/two days before the appointment.)

2) Made appointment again but they suddenly cancelled it.

3) Originally said they can price match Vehicle Graphics ($150). After a week or so, they told him just the material costs more than $150 so they cannot keep their word. Material cost obviously is not that much since my friend had it wrapped at Vehicle Graphics for $150.

I personally saw the trim wrap done at Vehicle Graphics - very good quality. I see no reason to go to Wrap-Workz when quality is so good at Vehicle Graphics AND price is lower.
Appreciate 0