View Single Post
      02-19-2018, 11:01 PM   #1
soulfulstudios
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i 08

Exclamation Oil Pressure Killing my 335 Please Help Me

So first. Oil light came on. Car was shakey, not terrible but clicky. I changed the oil and found out that my oil filter cap was missing the center piece. I rushed to the shop and got one, replaced filter, o rings ect. and car sounded like magic again. Soon after, VANOS erros. Intake. I clean and swap the intake and exhaust. Now the exhaust code is born. So I say wth, I replace BOTH VANOS solenoids. Car runs like magic. the next week, VANOS codes again. this time, crankshaft inlet reference code is born. So im researching and praying that its not the timing/bearings that need to be replaced.

I crank my car now, it feels like a go-kart. Very low oil pressure. It jerks and sputters UNTIL i drive it and the oil pressure 'fixes itself'. On a cold start It will cut off at a stop light/sign. So I have to keep my foot on the gas while I'm stopped to keep the RPM around 1000 and hold the brake at the same time which is nice and dangerous in stop and go traffic. The RPM (while stopped) will rev, and jump from 600-1200 up and down on its own, so I look like a jerk to everyone who pulls up next to me Feels like the car is trying to compensate/calculate the low oil pressure.

Today I got a new oil pressure switch, didnt install it yet ( didnt have a 24mm) but I DOUBT thats the problem. Now its causing a few of my coils to misfire. So to drive my car, i have to clear the codes, crank it, let it run/get the oil pressure and temp up and THEN it will run smooth.

Newest code: Inlet camshaft synchronization ??? what is gong on with my car? Yes it has a JB4 but its been off for months after I had to change all 6 injectors, plugs, and coils.

How can I tell whats causing the low oil pressure? Could it be the oil filter housing that needs replacing? The oil pump? Its clicking and clacking like when you put a bottle in bicycle spokes. OIL LEVEL FULL BTW.
08 335i N54 about 175k Miles, half engine light is on, boost deactivated but not in limp mode.
Appreciate 0