04-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #285
GoBonesGo
What do you do when you see a spaceman?
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG/Terra E90 335i Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilshim View Post
Wow, diy post are dangerous to my wallet!

1) to confirm, the smooth leather multi color stiched ///M wheel does work for the e92 335i with paddle shifters. (not the older poriferated wheels)
No, the multi-colored stitching version isn't available for use with the paddle shifters (at least it wasn't a few weeks ago when I ordered mine). The wheel I have looks the same as the one installed in the first post of this thread, with the exception of allowing for the shifting paddles. I'll probably switch it out again once the multi-colored version becomes available. The perforated version is plenty worth it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilshim View Post
2) also, on a scale form 1 to 10, one being likeley, ten being not likely, what are the chances of messing up the airbag? i mean, this would me my most hard core diy. I am knowledgable with tools, but im still afraid of messing up the airbag part and screwing myself over if i ever get in a serious car crash. what do you guys think?

thanks in advance.
I'd say the chance of messing up the airbag is very low. Just remember to disconnect the negative terminal on your battery and you'll be fine. This one was my second steering wheel install on an E90 and it's not very difficult. The hardest part is finding the clips to release the airbag, but even then I don't see how you'd harm your airbag unless you're jamming a screwdriver really hard into the slot.
Appreciate 0