View Single Post
      11-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #87
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Well, I'm not going to tell you to switch because the PROcede is better, it has options the JB doesn't. But at the end of the day it's all about what you want to do and how you want to do it.

The Flex Fuel options is nice because you can set your car on map 3 and you can set the percentage of Ethanol in the map to switch between pump gas and Ethanol tunes without you doing anything at all other than pumping the fuel. Map 3 auto switches between map 1 and 2, you also have map 4 that lets you use map 2 with Methanol fail safes. AFR targets, Trim Tables, Timing, and Boost Targets are the same for maps 1,2/4, but map 3 allows additional function for boost, ignition correction, OL Fuel, and AFR Enleanment when running the Flex Fuel option.

BTW, I could be sitting on the Stock Turbo HP Record pulling 422 whp on a Mustang Dyno Friday before Shift S3ctor. I'm going Friday to pull on a DynoJet, so if you really want to make as much power as you can, the PROcede Flex Fuel is making big numbers on stock turbos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335idizzle View Post
I'm honestly beating between keepin my jb4 and mix e85:91 on map 5 (upgrade to G5 ISO) or switch over to Vishnu procede rev 3 with flex fuel kit. Now from what I'm learning, the both need reflash. As for the jb4, it needs Cobb/bms flash when running high e85 %, does it also cause the boost to run low when you remove the jb4 since its flashed? Also, from what I'm getting, jb4 and Vishnu will produce over 400whp but which one is safer? It sounds like flex fuel kit is pretty safe. I really like the fact that I will know how much ethanol mixture I have every time I fill up. Vishnu seems to not only produce great whp but also provides great safety measures like advancing time, good a:f ratio and etc. my goal is to run e85:91 the most safest way for my car. I wish someone can do a pro and cons of running jb4 G5 iso vs Vishnu procede rev 3 with flex fuel kit.
Appreciate 0