Detox
BMW Freak !!!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 SMG (E46) Vorsteiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos120i View Post
Amazing work mate!

I think that if something happens to my 320si I'll send it over to you and then drive all the way back to run it in.

Talking about it...this engine now needs to be broken into, correct?

Never dyno'd my car...wonder what's the real hp/torque on my car.

Changing the cylinder liners with thicker ones, would that have a negative affect on power?
Thanks Nikos ... much appreciated mate
Great when someone appreciates the workmanship that has gone into this

The engine will need a break in period and an oil and filter change after the first 500 miles then after 1500 to make sure any minor debris are washed off then the normal 1500 break in change...

I will see how much come out but I am expecting some gains so fingers crossed :-))

The thicker liners wont affect the power either way as the piston rings dont actually drag significantly on them in operation as the oil is in between, the key thing is that the liners and the piston rings match and are made of compatible materials... the new liners will add to the strength and longevity of the engine (especially with the overlap) so it will now last for a loooooooooong time..

Gasket permitting we can turbo charge the engine and do all sorts with this liner piston combination to significantly increase thee horsepower but this is not what I am aiming for with this build...

After the machineing work, I am expecting an minor increase in the compression ratio which will add to the power a little but not sure how much... we will see when we dyno it )

You are welcome to come over anytime mate...

After completing the testing, I will be able to offer this repair package to all 320si owners... I am sure we have some stuck people out there !!!
Appreciate 0