View Single Post
      09-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #196
jjellyneck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camman View Post
So I don't currently own a BMW at the moment but I will hopefully be buying my dad's 07 E90 328i Sport 6MT off him in the near future once I get settled in my new job. But until then I'm just collecting research. Suspension is gonna be one of the first major modifications I do.

Currently the car has around 54k miles on it and from browsing around it sounds like that's about the time the shocks should be replaced. My current car, (97 Camry) I did a spring/shock combo and wasnt really satisfied and then added ground control sleeves to get the drop I really wanted. All in all i told myself I'm not doing a spring/shock combo again. I want the adjustability you get with coilovers.

So I need some advice on whats a good coilover to buy. I just want to close up the wheel gap and maybe a slight tuck but I also want the ability to slam it for a weekend. The stock suspension rides good but the front could be a little stiffer. I dont really want anything thats softer than what I have now. I've been looking at KW just because I haven't heard anything bad and I dont want a cheap brand. If I'm gonna be driving a BMW I want to modify it with quality parts.
The KW Street Comfort has received all very positive reviews from people on this forum. Slightly stiffer linear springs with very good matching damping is the big attraction for me.
Appreciate 0