View Single Post
      01-07-2014, 06:30 AM   #22
n11rvl
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i Convertible Automatic

OK I've got my DRL working now CC ID 379.
since the dark days are here I wanted them to work asap and didnt have the time to buy the cable (around £45?) and take time off work to reprogramme my car.

I took my car to a garage in birmingham to get the error reset. I paid £30 and literally took 5 minutes, the technician also removed a sh*t load of other errors my car logged over the years, pretty much every light in the car had logged an error.

Oh yeah, it turned out the reason I got this error was because I had a short circuit, and I know why. I was stupid enough to buy some cheap H8 lights from ebay which said they were going to be just as good at the £60 variety. The wires inside these crappy bulbs must have got loose and touched hence the car stopped sending power to that socket. I've since bought the £60 'expensive' option and I'l gladly pay double that, my black E93 M Sport convertible looks so pretty.

FYI the garage I used was MAJ Diagnostics in Birmingham, he's a really friendly geeza and one of the most honest mechanics I've come across in a while. If your having similar problems I'll recommend asking him, details are Unit 15/Nechells Pl, Birmingham B7 5AR
Appreciate 0