psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec500 View Post
Try swapping a plug to just make sure?

This is weird...I doubt it's coilpack, if you swapped it and the misfired didn't return. I had a similar situation when my coilpack failed, I replaced the coilpack, and the misfire did not occur all the time, but kept having the cycle 5 misfire, so I decided to just replace one plug and the misfires have yet to return.

Perhaps when a coilpack fails or starts to fail it takes out the plug? Again, all of this is a shot in the dark.
Well I did plugs about two weeks ago with NGK 5992's... And yes I did gap them down to .022

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
It's been going on for a while, so help me refresh my mind on this.

1) Injectors replaced? decoupling element included? correct coding?

2)plugs replaced?

3) coils replaced?

Cylinder 3 injector replaced last summer due to misfires then cylinder 5 injector replaced less than a month ago. Both were replaced with decoupling element and both were coded by @Szemenyei

Plugs I replaced about two weeks ago with NGK 5992 and gapped them down to .022

Coils have not been replaced but before I did plugs I swapped them around a bit. Swapped cyl 5 to cyl 2 and cyl 4 to cyl 3.
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0