TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Vader

Garage List
So Frustrating!!

Hello all UK E90'ers

Had my car booked into Halliwell Jones in warrington for a Progman update at there request from a previous visit, they said they would need the car for two days as it could take that long. Wasn't really a problem as they provided a loan car for the two days..which was nice

The faults are well known for my version of software/age of car etc..

Car has Pro Nav, the faults are..

No pop up arrows on split screen
Cd Running on and not remembering track position etc
Plus a multitude of glitches, delayed idrive start up, haptic function etc etc....

Gave them a call on day one to check progress, they told me car was on coding and should be ready for tomorrow...good news

When i arrived to pick up the car on the second day, they said they didn't have to do the Progman update as they sorted out the fault? Which of course they didn't!

All they did was switch on the arrows in the nav menu for full screen display. I explained that 'i know how to switch on the arrows' and that the fault i reported was not the one they diagnosed!

I then produced the SIB pdf file, which was stored on my phone (complements of E90 POST), which explains all the faults rectified by the PROGMAN update v25+...it was at this point he looked confused and asked how i was in possession of said document, and that it was BMW material etc etc...copyright bull,blah blah...

I explained that that was irrelevant and what was relevant was the fact that they had had my car for 2 days and not sorted out the updated software which would fix all the listed problems!

They then asked for my phone to show the SIB to some random in guy the workshop.

10 mins later he came back with the random guy who took great pleasure in telling me 'this SIB is from the US and not validin the UK!', i said ok, but, what about my faulty iDrive? He replyed with 'i'm not aware of all your problems with your car as i didn't work on it', and with that disapeared into the back again, cheers!!

It was at this point there was silence....the service guy looked at me....i looked at him.

I thanked him for storing my car for two days and switching the Nav into arrow view for me and departed! I also thanked him for covering the wheels in tyre black (which i asked them not to do) which was sprayed all down the side of my silver car by the time i got home!

Am i in the wrong here? should i be requesting an update for the faults on my £36k car? Am i expecting to much from a BMW franchise or is it just that this particular one is below par? your thoughts appreciated, and would be interested in others who have had the PROGMAN update succesfully and what symptoms they had which qualified the update.

Also, anyone recommend a good BMW franchise in the North west?

Cheers for reading...Andy
Appreciate 0