View Single Post
      07-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #8
Searcher821
I find stuff
Rep
Drives: Jet pack

I had an experience about a year ago which was kinda like the other way around.

I had bought a washing machine, and when they came to deliver it and hook it up, they pointed out that it had gotten some hardly noticeable scratches on the side during transport, but they would put that on the delivery slip, and I could go back to the store and get a smallish refund.

So I go to the store and they offer me 3% off.

I say that's not enough and tell them I want 15% off and he just looks at me like I'm crazy. He then proceeds to go ask his boss and comes back and says no.

I insist so after a while he goes gets his boss. Before I could say cat in a hat the boss comes walking down the aisle like he's gonna put me in my place now.
He too makes the same (not so subtle) suggestions that I'm an idiot for asking, and I'll never get the 15% off. Basically being a DB about it.

So I tell him; "Fine - your call. You can come and pick it up again and I'll take my business elsewhere". I swear he's about to explode by now, and after having stared at me for like 5-10 secs, He just signs the 15% off on the bill and halfway throws it at me before turning around and walking away without uttering another word.

I still chuckle when I think about
Appreciate 0