02-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #71
Nr!qUe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 LCI 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom vroom View Post
I doubt i can find a car to learn on. Is that a problem?
Please get the manual. you will learn with stalling in the first few days.

This was my first car and i had only had two sessions on driving stick in my cousin's nissan frontier. when i first got my car my dad had to drive it out of the lot but after practicing at a parking lot for a good half hour i was able to drive it home. i stalled a bunch of times within the first few days but after that i got used to it. I have NEVER regretted getting a stick car. I dont live in an area with too bad of traffic i live in west miramar and 80 percent of all my trips are highway ie(i75 and turnpike and the occasional i95). the only times i ever wish i was driving an automatic is when i am stuck in bumper to bumper traffic that takes you an hour to drive for a mile. (that is very rare ive only had to drive through this kind of traffic like twice in three years around major accidents on the highway) anyway, i dont mind driving through stoplights its awesome. what i hate though, is driving forward and stopping 5 feet at a time.

bottom line: i have had my car for 3 years/62k miles and i have enjoyed every single day i had driven it. you wont regret getting a manual car.

Please get the manual because i think of it like this: I would rather drive a Jetta with a 5 speed manual than an automatic porsche (my two cents in terms of driving experience)

good luck
2009 BMW E90 328i | Xenons | MT | Space Gray | Beige-ette | CF Fabric Trim | iPod/USB | 20% Tints | Euro-Plate | Rear Fog Switch Lego Mod | Painted Reflectors | Performance Short-shift Kit | Style 197 Wheels | OEM Sport Suspension |
Appreciate 0