12-31-2015, 02:32 PM   #60
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Function; yes! Form; could be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Mercedes is the worst. Its like too giant iPhones stuck together and that is only if you order the full high end navigation and interface. Otherwise you have a smaller screen stuck onto immense black plastic glass.

BMWs is excellent because it provides a lounge feeling with a flatscreen positioned at the driver and now with BMW Gesture Control combined with iDrive and BMW Touchscreen control and switchgear are minimised therefore eliminating sweeping centre control panels and unnecessary blanking spaces like Mercedes. In terms of aesthetics, Haptic's and spatial layout BMW is miles ahead in interiors as is iDrive is ahead of Mercedes' antiquated Command and Audis MMI interfaces.

BMW AirTouch as well as iDrive Touch are the next stage for vehicle interfaces at BMW. I have the 730d at the moment and I can use Gesture Control without my eyes leaving the road. It is easy to master and simple to use.
BMW AirTouch is the next phase of Gesture Control and like iDrive in 2001 expect it to be much imitated and assimilated in cars of all segments within the next 10 years.
Driving all the major brands across the ranges, I would agree whole heartedly that the BMW tech and interface is miles ahead. I do feel that as design language they could do with a little more flair and dare I say it; bling.

On the exterior side, I feel that BMW has given away a lot to Mercedes as has gone very conservative following the Bangle era. Mercedes on the other hand barring a few hiccups (GLE and mainly SUVs) has been producing some real design winners in my humble opinion.
Appreciate 0