View Single Post
      11-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #13
Timujin
Major
Rep
Drives: GMC Sierra

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
I sold the 18" BridgeSTONE RFTs as a 1st mod after test driving 2 different sport models and a non sport model before buying the sport. Next installed new 17" 393 F30 wheels with factory Conti all season RFTs. 17s are used on long road trips for overall comfort and as a spares. 18" PSS are used for the rest of the time. PSS have added comfort compared to the stones & the best grip of all. They aren't as smooth as the 17" Conti RFTs which slide when pushed.

I have installed new & used Bilstein HDs (3 sets of Koni set too) on several past vehicles ranging from 86 Accord to 06 EVO RS. Factory dampers suck.

I have installed poly bushings on several past vehicles ranging from my son's 86 Corolla to my wife's 08 IS250. Usually it's the forum known weak rubber bushings 1st. Poly bushings compliment any suspension. You will get some added NVHM, but it is usually outweighed the handling benefits and even tire wear.

I have no adjustable height coil over experience and usually don't lower cars more than 1".

I feel my car now needs a set of dampers. The OHLINS look good to me, but Bilstein seems practical. Anyone want to donate to my fund? PM me for my Paypal. Thanks in advance.