07-17-2009, 03:12 AM   #8
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnail View Post
Thanks for the replies so far folks, it gives me something to compare against and some food for thought.

I was expecting some sort of economy improvement with the ED but it has failed to materialise unfortunately. It may be down to my heavy right foot but, even driving like a granny, the car sits around 34 mpg. It's very interesting that the auto will give better economy.

There definitely (as expected) looks to be a significant economy improvement with the diesel. This part of the world, even second hand, there's usually some sort of premium for a 320d over a 318i ... I'll just have to look at breaking open the piggy bank!
Maybe it is your right foot - How harder are you having to drive the 318i so it goes like your 320i? To attain those 318i combined figures I imagine you would have to drive it very sloooow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Hmmmm. Please don't take this the wrong way, but... Unlikely. Calculate it, rather than relying on the OBC. Usually post remap the OBC fuel economy figures are up the chuff, although I think a *Real* remap gives far more accurate reading. A tuning box will totally screw with the OBC mpg readout...

My remap only altered the comp by 1mpg (more accurate) so I can totally trust my OBC.