11-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceyBMW View Post
Depends on what you are getting done...oil change you can leave it on, but anything like hpfp replace, injectors, etc. i would definitely take it off if I were you.
+1,000,000! Take it from me, I know! Shomp actually questioned me about having a JB3 on my car when it went in for HPFP, and clutch service. I took the tune off of the car before it went in and it didnt leave any codes so they couldnt prove anything and had to honer my warranty. I actually believe that they came on e90post and looked me up so be careful.

I would say just take it out no matter what. Its not that hard and you never know what those guys will find or want to update while your car is there; so you might end up having more stuff done then you were expecting.

Oh and another thing, after they questioned me about the tune, they put blue paint markers on the edges of the ECU and the Code reader interface by the driver side kicker panel to see if I was messing with it. So just watch out, they will do that shit. I almost didnt catch it when I was going to re-install my tune. Luckily I did ;-)