02-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #11
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Before I left for Iraq I had a medial ankle sprain (and a sprained wrist) during our final Fall League Soccer game. I eventually went to the doctor and x-rays were negative. He told me to get Motrin (Ibuprofen or generic brand didnt matter) to help with the internal swelling (apparently there is still swelling present even if you cannot see it...LOL) and gave me a special ankle brace:

He said that the ACE bandages are decent for general extra support but that for a bad ankle sprain you need something that immobilizes the lateral movement of the ankle. A partial tear cannot heal properly without that support..you are just restraining the ligament. This injury happened in Late October and it is now February and the ankle is still not even 85%
Longest injury I have EVER had to deal with and it scares me that I may not be able to run, play soccer or basketball at the level I did before. What do you guys think?

BTW I am in Iraq now and getting any type of real medical attention (contractor) is a PITA.
Appreciate 0