View Single Post
      12-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
madmax95gtr
FBO WTF!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, 99 Tacoma, 03 CBR 600RR

My car nightmare and F30 328 sport review

Sorry for the long read, pics to follow soon.

So it all started the morning of October 7th around 10:30 am when I was headed up to la for a BMW event at the dealership in Glendale. I arrived w no drama after a 130 mile drive . After stopping for breakfast and some coffee I found Parkin on a side street ate my breakfast.. As I gathered my things I started to get out of the car when bam!!! A nice lady decided she didn't like m car door and attempted to remove it w her front bumper by ramming it at around 35 mph. Good news BMW makes strong cars the glass did no break and only damage was the door interior panel and the front fender... Bad news is the door would not close and I was 130 miles from home. My car was promptly towed to a body shop ... Now the nightmare begins.. After two weeks nothing had been done because the ladies insurance was claiming it my fault.

Well after much argument my insurance just went ahead and started the process and getting my car fixed .. Well 5 weeks later I went back up to pick up my car. While in the shop I did have them paint and install my m3 rep front bumper. So that was good but when I arrived the had ordered the wrong interior door panel. I think it was for a 328.. I pointed it out they had installed THe wrong panel and speaker. (I have a 7logic system) they then informed me that the stereo wasn't working and the TPM was not working! After waiting 7 weeks I said I'll just take it to BMW and let them sort it out!! I was pissed I had to spend the whole day at the body shop waiting for the door panel and speaker to show up from the dealer. I ally I get out of there at 4:30 pm after being there since 9am. Took me 5 hrs to get home too in lovely LA traffic!!

So I drop the car off at south county BMW in el cajon ( I love these guys btw) they are all modded car friendly, love bmws and love to help they have me a brand new F30 328 sport for a loaner and said they would call me . So 5 hrs later they call me, the verdict is the antenna in the fender for the TPM was not installed, and they also forgot to plug in a harness and that's why the stereo didn't work! Seriously wtf!!!

So I get my car back finally fixed tomorrow!! What a nightmare!!

As far as the F30.. Where to start.

The power is good as long as your in sport mode otherwise the thing won't get out of its way! Granted its no 335!! Lol the start stop engine thing is clunky and I don't like it at all!!! The Eco pro mode is cool and good for highway crusing. I really love the new Idrive and nav system compared to mine (08 335i) . The interior is nice and seats are good! I do like the body lines.. Deff wanna keep my 335 though!! The breaks are decent bu def kinda squishy and not as firm as id like however the stock sports suspension is flat smooth comfortable and firm. Well that's about it.. That I can think of..picture to follow of the car damage and how it looks now and the F30 too just because..

~Bruce

V710 19x9.5 Square|H&R Sport Springs|6000k D1S|Blacklines|Procede v5|HKS BOV|Stett CP|BMS DCI|Raceland DP|BigTom IC|M2 Exhaust|AEM Meth|M3 Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0