View Single Post
      06-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Angry OIL SLUDGE and oill change warning

Just figured I would post some info about your warranty and oil changes.
My car was due for service at 16k miles, my dealer refused service due to my issues with them, so I had it serviced at a independent shop, he did not reset the computer due to what he says are issues with BMWNA saying they will viod my warrenty. A few months later my E93 blew its first HPFP, so it was taken to Myrtle Beach BMW and they also changed the oil due it it being behind on service ( explained to them that a Indy shop did it ) and replaced the computer since it shait the bed to.
Over the next few years the car as ate 4 to 5 more HPFP's and they have serviced the car each time the computer said to change the oil, one time it was about 20K before they changed the oil.

So a few weeks ago I got the limp warning and they towed it back to them, they had just replaced another HPFP close to 2 months before and the car had almost 4K miles on it since its last oil change.
After a few days they tell me the engine is well ruined and full of sludge and all the computer and sensors are reporting fails.
So they call BMWNA and BMWNA basically said I did not change the oil enough and that since it has 54K miles its out of warrenty and that I did not change the oil till the car had 24K miles and was 11K over the time it needed to be changed.
Well the dealer refused service and I had it changed the next day at a indy shop, which was when the car told me it needed changed.
So I send the paperwork showing it was changed and BMWNA says no the computer says it was not changed and thats why my motor is done.
WTF

So i guess now I will have to lawyer up over this to.
Bottom line, guys BMWNA will not honor your oil changes done at independent shops.
Appreciate 0