01-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
shane55
First Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M-Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
thats great, thanks for the pdf. as you see from my other post im having a few issues. but i may just attempt this myself - dont fancy doing mine for me lol

I presume this is the same on a 335D?

What about the coolant? what type did you use and what mixture when re filling? Also how did you syphon the coolant out?

Sorry for asking loads of questions, I gave mine into the garage and at the minute I dont think they changed it so I would rather do this myself and know its been done right
I just saw your prev posts now... Yes same thermostat as 335d, I used coolant thats good down to -20, cant remember the brand, nothing expensive just picked it up at the local auto parts...I added very little water as I had added some a few weeks back when I changed my EGR Stat. If you have a clear hose it makes it easier to "suck" the coolant out...as if you can see it coming you wont end up with a mouthful of green stuff!

It will be difficult for you to know if its been changed as its so well hidden...but if you coolant temp isnt in the 90;s it probably hasnt.