TheBlondeFella
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E93 320i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Daft question, but why?

Do you prefer stopping and getting out on a freezing night in the rain and doing them by hand with a dirty cloth and a bottle of cold water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by windymissile View Post
They are just a massive hassle. They clog and stick. They freeze and stick. They waste all your screen wash.
If your mot tester can't see your reason of thought, you should be going somewhere else. But it's not worth a fail for the simple act of sticking a fuse back in.

WM
This is excacly why I was thinking of 'getting rid of them'.
Up until this week I just thought they were a pain as they seemed to drain the small reservoir far too quickly.
However this week I noticed that both of them were a little loose sitting in their respective parts on he bumper. I currently have to holes where the covers should be since finding out how much they were to replace if they popped off completely. After doing a little more research this issue seems to be quite common and yes my reservoir is always kept topped up.
I was thinking about turning them off and sticking the covers permanently to the bumper so they had no way of flying off.
i don't get why turning them off would be an MOT failure either.
As for getting out of the car to clean the headlights., well I've never needed them on any of my previous cars so I don't see why I'd need them now. Anyway without a wiper blade running over the lights I can't see a light spray of water doing much on its own anyway.