RyBMW
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

Garage List
2012 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 335i  [0.00]
Car Wash

I'm the kind of person that likes to wash my car by myself with my hands. It's kind of hard to hand wash my car during the winter.

Do you bring your 3 series to an automated car wash? Doesn't it scratch the paint? I believe most of these car wash places uses a rail where you drive onto and it pulls your car through. Doesn't this scratch your wheels, especially if you have the sports package? Is the fan that dries your car safe to be blown at the shark fin antenna?

My local Mobil gas station has this automated car wash that has no brushes at all. It doesn't even use a rail to pull your car through.

You drive up to the car wash and there is this machine that you choose what kind of car wash you want. You insert the money, swipe your credit card or pay pass. The doors open and you drive in. There is a light that tells you to pull forward, when to stop, or if you need to back up a little. You move the car yourself. This pipe/tube, wrapped in styrofoam, moves around the car spraying soap on every part of your car. It does this two times. Than the same pipe/tube sprays water to rinse off the soap. Afterwards, you drive up a few feet and there is this fan that dries your car. The fan has a timer. You just drive through the fan slowly as you exit.

Nothing touches the car except for soap, water, and air from the fan.

I think this kind of car wash will be good for the winter. Has anyone ever used this kind of car wash before?

Old: 08 E92 335i|Space Gray/Coral Red/Gray Poplar

Old: 06 E90 330i|Black Sapphire/Black /Burl
Appreciate 0