08-15-2006, 08:52 PM   #12
espo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer
are you serious. how many days are above freezing in buffalo in the winter. that place is a frozen tundra. i tried washing my car in the winter once by hand and it was about 45'F and my freak'n hands almost fell off. i also take my car to a detail shop that washes by hand only. those touchless washes aren't bad but they will strip off all the wax after only a coulpe of times.
It's not THAT cold here... It just snows... In fact the lakes actually help in the winter to keep the temperature from falling too low. The other side of that is they help it snow more too.

However, in my garage, with a portable heater I can get it up to about 50F in the winter. Warm enough to just need a sweatshirt and can actually put a coat of Zanio on the car too. However when I'm washing the car I always use one of the heavy rubber "dish washing" gloves to keep my hand that's in the mitt reasonable warm... I also use warm water from the house for both the wash and rinse buckets...

It actually works pretty well. Considering an auto wash can cost 5-6 dollars each, I bought $20 worth of QEW last year and saved at least twice that much. I still have more than 1/2 of that left for this year, so no need to buy more from this winter either..
Appreciate 0