01-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #53
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
Mob - its a bit a diififcult to say, take it on a longer mway run to see what the mpg is. If it it only reaching 87 deg max then it is a touch low (but could be due to cold conditions) but nothing to worry about imo. Mine only used to reach max 81-82 degrees and I got around 26-28mpg until I changed both thermostats and hit 91 degrees or thereabouts regardless of weather. I would keep an eye on the temp over the next week or so and see what you get (report back). If it does not get past 75 degrees then I would be looking at replacing both stats.
Im getting around 20-25 mpg. But thats flooring it in town lol. I think the temp peaked at 87 then settled at 84. I'll keep an eye on it and will hopefully do a long run mid week and will let you know. After you replaced your stats, did you get better MPG?

Quote:
I take it you have the base stereo like myself? I thought it was ok but I did not have anything else to compare it against - all I know is the maxium depth in the door cards on the e92 is 44mm so quite limited to speaker choices. I have noticed there is more choice in 5" than 4" but not sure how much modification would be required in the door cards.
Yes i have the base stereo spec. I shouldn't have a problem fitting the harness and jehnerts, but will need to have a good look at the mids and try and find a way to do it. I'd like to keep the morels if possible.
Appreciate 0