View Single Post
      07-13-2008, 10:04 AM   #3
benton0311
Lance Corporal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, Graphite

I'm curious about the FSD as well. I've got a 335i Sport and while the stock dampers are decent, I sure wouldn't go out and buy them or even go through the trouble of putting them on.

I ran Koni adjustables on my STi and they were phenominal. Incredible damping and they can handle a huge range of spring rates (literally from stock to custom GC coilover sleeves in your choice of rates). In that situation I actually found them to be more comfortable than the stock struts even though I was running about double the stock spring rates.

Only issue with adjustables is that in order for them to work you have to take the time to properly adjust them. For comfort, this could take a while driving over all the different conditions that you drive in. Just when you think you have them right, you go over a set of railroad tracks or drive in the city and find you need to do some more adjusting. Perfect if you want tinker which for me is all I did in my STi. In my case, I'm looking for set-and-forget parts for my E90 which is why I'm curious about the FSD.

Last edited by benton0311; 07-13-2008 at 10:47 AM..
Appreciate 0