View Single Post
      03-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #39
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
The LFA shows up to 2008 car shows but not 2009..... Vaporware. The car is done.

Toyota was so obsessed chasing GM that it is going to post a nice loss this year with expensive product and excess capacity. Enter the new CEO who will clean house. This is not conjecture, this is fact. Fiscal responsibility has nothing to do with luxury or sporty it is about how a company is run.

I would love to buy an M1 but know it is not going to happen because BMW doesn't want to engage in Halo cars that lose money so I will have to "settle" for some more ///M cars, all of which are faster than anything Toyota can deliver.

Sorry you lose.
There you go again."FACT HUH?" Fine, lets talk facts. THE MAN RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LF-A BECOMES THE NEW CEO OF TOYOTA. Did you not read that? He was the vice-president of the company.

Quote:
Akio Toyoda, the driving force behind the Lexus LF-A and grandson of the founder of Toyota, will become the Japanese automakers new president and CEO in June. Toyoda, 52, will succeed the current President Katsuaki Watanabe. He will become the youngest president in Toyota’s history.
Toyoda is currently executive vice president at Toyota. According to Automotive News, he said he hopes to someday be seen as the “flag” that rallied a corporate comeback after the current global economic crisis. He is known as a big motor racing fan and has raced in the Nurburgring 24.

The Lexus LF-A program wouldn’t have survived as long as it did under Toyota if it wasn’t for Toyoda. The grandson of the founder also demonstrated the car himself at Fuji Speedway late last year at the Toyota Motor Sports Festival.
Let me see you spin that. The LF-A isnt going anywhere. Just face it. Toyota will offer something that no //M car can beat.