View Single Post
      03-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #41
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Tsk tsk.... a VP has a much differen role than the CEO. And as a VP, the driving force behind the LF-A.....failed. 2 years in final development

Do you really think the LF-A will survive the project purge that is going on?

It would make much more sense doing another Supra....that is something I could dig. LF-A is a Halo car that is not going to do jack for Toyota.
A Vice President of a company still has influence.They were grooming Toyoda to become CEO. Being the founder's grandson, he had a lot of pull. Things work very differently over there. 52yrs of age for a CEO is almost unheard of. Honor is big role in a lot of these companies. Just take a look at the CEO compensations. GM's Bob Lutz got 14mil last year. Toyota's got $900,000. Go figure.

A Halo car will boost Lexus' sporty image no doubt. Lexus is still a very young company. I mean 1989...come on! I almost remember what I was doing back then.

Keep renouncing. He gets the last say as CEO. He dictates what direction he wants the company to go. It is coming. Its a Halo car. Only a handful will be made anyway. Mercedes had plenty. BMW had its M1. Lexus is going to have its LF-A. End of Story. Get over it. :-)