Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Well, it looks like my car can't handle E85 properly: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26497

So that's a bit of a bummer. On the upside, no codes thrown, no misfires or anything. I guess I should do some more logs on just 93 octane and see how they go. The problem is the whole full third gear pull thing - that's from 30mph to 90mph or so WOT. There's like nowhere to do that; it was hard enough doing it the few times I did for those logs and it had to be on an incline for some.

Since E85 isn't the answer and I want 400hp+, it seems like I need to go with downpipes and map 2. That does leave me with the problem of emissions and then of course the price of the downpipes and the installation, as well.

Hmmm...
Yeah make sure everything is good with your 93 logs 1st.

There is no issue with emissions in MA. I pull in with catless DPs and my flash only tune and pass. You are allowed one readiness monitor not ready.

I would order DPs and an IC from Tiago, maybe throw in a CP for good measure. As far as install cost try and find a mechanic who wants a side job or DIY...It is much more rewarding DIY but that is just me.
Appreciate 0