01-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #59
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
So why dont the citizens of Austria fight vigorously to get even more gun rights then the US has? Like I said, if the risk of government tyranny was legitimate today, then those Austrians should be crapping their pants as bad as anyone right now, until everyone there gets a rifle with unlimited magazine size. Yet they are not.

Do you truly believe they are unconcerned simply because they are entirely relying on American soldiers coming to liberate them again if the shit does hit the fan ?

I'd suggest that older Austrians (or Germans, etc etc) who lived thru the last time, will still recall that liberation took years, and their parents, siblings, etc where killed during that wait, would not likely adopt such a relaxed approach if they thought such a risk was real.
Again, that question is formed out of fallacy.

I don't have any opinion about Austrians, or Germans about their version of the constitution or their views on gun rights. I'm talking about the U.S Constitution, the "spirit" of what the 2nd amendment represents, and why this legislation is an affront to that. It should be noted however that the Jews who would have a pro-gun stance in those countries were probably turned to ashes in camps.

What I can comment on is if the citizens of 1930s Germany, 1930s Spain, and 1980s Phillipines were armed as the citizens of the U.S are today, the dictators in those countries would have had a much harder time of committing the atrocities that they ended up inflicting upon an unarmed, and defenseless populace. That I am 100% sure of.
Appreciate 0