10-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcix View Post
I just finished installing these below. I have or had the 6 speaker base stereo. I should also add that I know just enough to do my own installs, no expert here.

JL Cleansweep grabbing front & underseat signals to a 4 channel amp powering a set of components & pair of sws-8xi's. It's a Musicar kit.

I also replaced the rear decks with a pair of coaxials.

Any advice on how I should go about adding a small amp to power the rear decks? (other than not to power them?)

Y cable off the RCA front signal to the new 2 channel amp? Get a CL-SSI? Power the rears with the current amp & use the new amp for the subs? Use the MS-8 chillin' in my dining room that I'm selling?

I assume my "Gong" would get louder with another 100w in the rear?
Your gong comes out of the fronts, not the rears, usually.

The harness you got from us was probably the underseat-to-CleanSweep harness, which only "grabs" the front channels (the underseats and fronts are the same output channel from the head unit). When we are upgrading the rears from the get-go, we use the head-unit Stereo harness from Technic and that gets us F and R. Requires HU removal though.

I don't know how long ago you got it, but if it was pretty recently, we could swap you the JL 6-channel for the Arc 4-channel and you could make it sound fine, but have no fade. Using the new harness and the 6-channel would get you fade. We can supply you with a new harness that will plug into the CL441DSP if you like...

Do NOT buy an SSI, won't help.
Appreciate 0