View Single Post
      03-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #608
droptoppkid
BEE EM UU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i Montego Blue, Oyster

On a side not I don't know if anyone is local to where I am at, but I just had great experience servicing my car at BMW of Willoughby. I'm on a lease and was slightly overdue for an oil change, and I heard stories where they can charge you if you're late. I took it in on a friday and just so happened there was a huge snow storm, and my rwd w/ regular tires was struggling. When I made it in their parking lot, it actually got stuck and couldn't make it to the service department because the entrance was on the incline. Being frustrated I honked my horn. A rep came out, and got a snowplow truck to instantly clear the runway in matter of minutes. I came w/o an appointment (second time, should know better by now) and they still took me in. Due to the snowstorm a lot of customers canceled their appointments, so this wasn't an issue. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one to get serviced that day, it was bad.

So anyways, I make it in, they quickly run my key to see what needs to be done, do the print out, warranty covers everything, total cost is $0, the next question is do you need a loaner? I tell him yes, not expecting anything too crazy but hopefully an awd cause of the snowstorm. Typical scenario, they get a copy of insurance card and then a rep drops a question SO UNEXPECTED TO ME, it blew me away.

"Do you know how to drive stick?"

I almost instantly get a permanent smile, trying to hide it say of course. My previous car was a Subaru WRX, so lots of experience in that field. They pulled up the car, and as I stepped outside I instantly went to the back to see what model it was. Here presented to me on a silver platter a 2011 335xi w/ 1200miles on it, stick shift. I started doing cartwheels inside my head, trying not to smile too much. Here it is, Friday 8am, 335xi. I ask them when my car is going to be done, trying to find out how much time I have with this bad boy. Unfortunately they said same day, so I then ask them again what if I can't make it back today? I was advised I should try to, but should I not be able to then my agreement authorizes me to have it for 24 hours (seeing as my car was to be finished same day). I told myself I'll deal with it later, let me get on the road.

2011 335xi, 1200 miles, stick shift. It was a little bit different, not too much. I have the navi package in my 328i, and the 335xi did not. It took me a few min to hook up bluetooth before finally getting on my way.

My car was done roughly at 3pm, that's when I received the call it's ready. By that time the snow had stopped, so I told them I wouldn't be able to make it back in the same day. I was told that I MUST return the car by Saturday 11am (that's when the service department would be closing). I thought to myself, no problem, make the best out of this.

I took the day off from work and just went everywhere. I can't even tell you how many miles I put on it, let's just say enough to drop the value Anyways, the next day I still wasn't done. I receive a call from them reminding me I have to drop off the car, mine is ready. Well let's just say there was no way I would make it there on time, so I figured I'd bite the bullet and pay the concierge fee to keep it til Monday. However, they were lenient enough and said I could drop it off by 6pm at the sales department at no extra charge. I finally gave in and when my day cleared up I went to drop off the car.

Upon arrival at BMW of Willoughby, I did a facebook places "check-in" with my cell phone and all of a sudden a message popped up on my screen. "CLICK HERE TO CLAIM A COMPLEMENTARY GIFT COURTESY OF BMW WILLOUGHBY" Strange I thought, but clicked it anyways. A message on my phone popped up to go show this screen to the receptionist. I had to anyways because that's with who I was dropping off the keys. I showed her the message and I received a complementary BMW coffee mug, which really put the cherry on top of the icing with the experience I had with this dealership.

I dropped off the loaner, I received my coffee mug, I got my car back, warranty covered everything, and I went on my marry way. I didn't even buy the car from them, but they were great. As for the 335xi, probably one of the best days in 2011. Great car, left me speechless and wanting to get one. However, at this point I'm most likely going to wait for the f30.

That's my rant, IT WAS AWESOME.

Parking lot on daily basis. 4 BMW's vs 1 out-numbered Chevy
Appreciate 0