View Single Post
      11-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #52
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix View Post
We charge a basic flat rate of $1000. Here's a set of RBs going into a 335i.

Notice that we've removed the subframe, making it much easier to access hard-to-reach fasteners. It might be faster to sneak the turbos in with the sub hanging off the front suspension, but it's worth it to remove it: way fewer headaches. Honestly, this is not a job that I would recommend for the novice or intermediate hobbyist. There are too many tricky bits and places to mess up.

I would also like to compliment RB on the quality of the turbos. They are top notch stuff.
Great photo, Yeah the sub frame is giving me second thoughts of doing this on rhino ramps....may try this on jack-stands. Taking the entire subframe out is a PITA to LOL!!
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0