View Single Post
      11-18-2015, 05:29 PM   #31
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

I had a little fun some years ago while flying around the county in my little 4-seat puddle-jumper. I dropped down to about 500 feet AGL (above ground level) while following our main 4-lane highway. Next, I reduced power, applied a notch of flaps and set my airspeed to 80 MPH. Then I maneuvered to keep the airplane shadow on the 2 lanes going in my direction. As my shadow slowly overtook speeding cars, they would slow and pull into the right lane. It really was amazing to watch.

The best part was when my shadow slowly passed over a big, red dually pickup truck that was pulling a huge horse trailer. He was way, way over the trailer speed limit of 55 MPH. As I passed over him, he slowed and pulled into the right lane.

I was really chuckling. I imagine all of those speeders were expecting to get pulled over somewhere down the road.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 1