View Single Post
      02-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #16
jippii ensio
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
There will be a thermostat delete option, but it won't be a plate. Instead it will be a passage block that forces the secondary route at all times. That would then be paired with a Mocal inline 180 or 190 degree (up to the user) thermostat, similar to what other kits use. And again, it's an option- if you prefer to just use the factory thermostat, you can do that and save about $150-200 in the process.

To the others- to compare apples to apples on cost, you need to look at kits that use 34-row Setrabs cores (only a few do). Those kits are priced more like $1000-1200, not $700.

Again though- I'm not looking to compete with anyone on the open market. I'm not going to be selling a kit- this is just another option for enthusiasts who want the most bang for their buck and aren't afraid to think outside the box. If you feel more comfortable spending your coin on a one-source kit with markup, that's your call and I am not trying to change your mind about that at all. Please keep that in mind as you read this thread.

Thanks for the feedback so far- I appreciate it.
I'm with you. Why not have a proper upgrade. Doing it once properly is the best.
Appreciate 0