View Single Post
      04-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #299
Seanzie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezero View Post
Just did this mod today and can't believe I didn't do it for 3 years. I did it only because my car went out of warranty.

Anyhow, it was not as EASY as everyone says to do because of the bleeding part. The bleeding hex nut was a bitch to get to. In addition, it is very difficult to jam the brake tubing to the nozzle of the bleeder valve. I spent over 90 minutes to complete this job, which I thought would only take 20 minutes.

I also can't believe why people would sell the damn modified CDV. All you had to do was take the stock CDV, and punch out the restricter like everyone says. It was so easy.

The bleeding process was not difficult and it definitely had to be done.
I just completed this mod this past weekend, and it also took me longer than 20 minutes. However, it's definitely worth the effort. Being able to predictably shift from 1st into 2nd is wonderful. Previously, the clutch movement for 1st to 2nd would vary depending on the weather and how warmed up the car was... now I think it's much more consistent and I don't need to slow down on the clutch peal right before full engagement - I can just use a smooth & consistent motion and nail it.
Appreciate 0