View Single Post
      07-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #305
PhaseP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_09 View Post
I'll be using the Motive Bleeder Kit for this process. Which would be a better route? Should I bleed my brakes first then do the CDV or the other way around?
I did breaks first then bleed clutch. Clutch has a smaller reservoir section, so if rest of fluid is already clean it is better is what I am thinking.

Using Motive bleeder doesn't give any guarantee that you can't run the clutch line dry while bleeding. I was using Motive bleeder.
Also if your motive bleeder has been in use before, check its hoses for any signs of cracks. They start to crack on the inside then cracks reach to the outside. When this happens you spray break fluid all over the engine compartment. Another thing I noticed the ferrule where the hose is attached to the container on the Motive was cutting into the hose when hose is bent. This caused my first tear of its hose. I put a stress relief made from copper electrical wire to prevent this from rehappening. Later in a few years the hoses started cracking here and there. Replaced the hoses. Motive recommends replacing them in a few years also.
Appreciate 0