View Single Post
      03-31-2010, 12:11 AM   #180
zesus-3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Good work lots of credit for actually doing this to what I see as a perfect car.....but Honestly, I dont know what everybody is all "goo-goo" for regarding the bodywork??? Its not that extensive, and the only thing custom I can see is rear flares.

Really though...everybody in the VW/Euro scene in NJ/NY does the rear stretched and pulled fenders/or wider fenders..Ive even seen this done (and way more extensive color changes done) 1000's of times in the import scene....Hell I've even seen extensively modded custom wide body E46's out here. It just seems folks are easily impressed on here. I mean its cool and the quality looks great but really all you've done to the car is diminish its value.

Now as for saying that you are having all this done for less than 2/3rds the cost of an e92 M3, no way in hell. Unless you have the hookup at the body shop or something, and the M3's out there are more than 70k i can not see this as being true...$54850-67k is what MSRP suggests in the US...Thats for 2010-11. I mean my 07 6mt 335i cpe loaded with every option, new in 07, was priced somewhere between 45-50k (not sure...purchased used, I could be wrong) If you could, post prices of all the work.....knowing body work prices here, and the work involved, I can not see this being possible for Less than an M. I love modding just live everybody else, I love the excitement of a build. But lets be real here gents...this seems pointless. Your car had to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-35k used (USD) and the bodywork and everyhing else must be in the 10-15k range right? Or maybe more....how is that 2/3 less? And Im not even counting the go-fast goodies...

Why not opt for an 08 or 09 M3 out there? Is the price really that much more in AU? I really am against the M3 conversion....and i know the V-8 and M in general is way more reliable then our twin turbo'd six's.....Maybe its the fenders that really bother me....idk...I just think it is way tacky to fake an M....but thats my opinion. I dont know who could justify doing this to emulate a car you could prob have for a couple grand more with full warranty...

I love my 335i, but I wanted, and still want, an e92 M3....My money was not right at the time (lost investments, baught house...etc, etc) and I got raped on lease return damage and expenses with my previous car...So in short I got a used 335i instead of an 08-09 M3. I did not choose this car bc of the fuel consumption or bc of the tunability of the TT's.....in fact I am finding out by more visits to the dealership and reading more on here, 335 reliability is shit and I am very concerned for the long term. I chose this car bc it looked good, handled well, had all the options I wanted, I got a good deal on it...and was one of the best looking coupes on the market. But I will state this---> All current e9x 335i OWNERS SECRETLY WANT M3's and would trash/trade/sell thier project 335's (and maybe thier soles! lol) without hesitation... if they could get one... lol

Not hating..the car is beautiful....just my 2 cents.

Last edited by zesus-3; 03-31-2010 at 12:53 AM..
Appreciate 0