DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackBimmer View Post
... if this info was readily available to you when you bought the pads and they label it is a different issue.. i do feel your pain though. I am going with OEM pads. You can't have good bite without some dust... and i like the way BMW brakes feel and will deal with the wheel dust.

Here is another good response from stoptech i think people should read as well:

If you drive aggressively on a regular basis, you should not have an issue maintaining the pad transfer layer, for most however, the daily commute may not allow for the pads to be brought to their preferred temperatures often enough to maintain the bed-in. I personally daily drive with Street Performance pads in my 2000 Civic beater on 60 mile round trip commute and have never had a vibration issue, but I am an aggressive driver and don’t have to deal with weather below 40 degrees more than a few days a year.

When choosing our OE formula pads, there will not be an option of compounds. While we use different materials, they are matched to what was provided from the factory and in the case of BMW pads, that would be the Low Metallic pads you referenced. Our Street Performance pads would have similar bite levels, but the OE formula may have a quicker ramp up in friction while the street Performance pads would have a more linear feel. This linear friction curve is often times mis-reported as having less performance, but for more aggressive use, this is preferred as it provides more control and better modulation. Street Performance pads would also have much maximum operating temperatures which allow them to be used on track without exhibiting fade or excessive wear rates at high temperatures.
Exactly. There are zero warnings/recommendations/driving recommendations and zero warnings that salt may exacerbate the issue of salt deposits without the pads getting up to temperature to scrub off the crap.

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0