04-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #853
DJJimGreen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willizm View Post
Sup guys, not on here that often.

Quick question. How many hours do you guys think installing a Berk Axle Back, ETS 5" FMIC and ETS Chargepipe should take?

Reason I ask is that I'm dropping my car off at a shop to have it done this week. I don't have my tools in vegas or I would do it myself. When I reverted the fmic and cp to stock on my 335xi it took me about an hour and a half maybe. The guy at the shop said the FMIC alone could take up to 3 hours. Hell I've swapped turbo's on my TA faster than that and that was with me drinking 3-4 beers. I'm just trying to get a consensus on what is reasonable amount of time. I don't want to get taken to the cleaners and they bill me for 8 hours for 3 hours worth of work thinking i'm dumb enough to believe it. I mean hell the axle back is two easy to access bolts to get to and a couple hangers.
Aw come on. All 3 of those are fairly easy bolt on. 3 hours total and that's with me being generous, considering its a shop.. and maybe the car would need to cool down after driving it over there. *shrug*
Appreciate 0