Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
ZF8> audi dsg imo.

the ZF shifts just as fast as the audi dsg, and my car gets over 36mpg on the highway.
This is the driver feel I get, but is it actually better in the real world performance wise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc31337 View Post
Audi has the same 8 speed ZF transmission(it was actually out in the B8 A4 2.0t before in BMW) if it was a better performing transmission it would be in the S4.

The sensation you mention of the gears banging harder is exactly what you want to avoid as it means the engine has to cut/re-engage power to deal with the transmission shift.
Interesting. The thing is when Im doing spirited driving my car is always properly warmed up, and once I floor it theres is not much I can do to avoid how the gear change occurs. I get on it and it cahanges at its shift pints, how hard it changes is not something I could really avoid unless I get off the throttle.

Im not sure banging would be the word I would use in this instance, Im not even sure how to describe it, it just seems like it shifts quicker and better. But how can an 8 speed auto with a converter be better then a double clutch trans in theory? My guess is it cant? But why does it feel like its better not sure, but I like it.