View Single Post
      05-16-2010, 05:27 AM   #82
Mark Carson
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Mark, great looking car and congrats on the experience.

What was the deal with the box the consultant handed you during the video? It looked like an M labeled key holder with special fobs....is that correct?
The box is piano black (wood) with a carbon fiber top. Inside were 2 keys with key fobs that were carbon fiber (with a silver ///M logo) on one side and "BMW Individual M6 Mark Carson" engraved on the other. Very cool and totally unexpected gift present to me by Christine Fleischer (BMW M/Individual regional manger for the Americas) who had been my contact at BMW M (in Garching bei Munich) during the long, but enjoyable process of ordering the car. She told me this was the first box of its kind, so they really pulled out the stops for me and made the delivery special (as well as the car of course).

I realize the color and interior is not to everyone's taste (but that's why the call it "Individual") but I get lots of nice comments from people who see it (and it looks even better in person). The car does draw a bit of attention (but so far not from the police, ha ha ha).

Aloha
Appreciate 0