08-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #231
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWcoupe335ii View Post
Thanks man I really appreciate it, had to teach that asshole a lesson, when I take my car in for service he always try's to make small talk like we are best friends
Congrats! I hate condescending salesmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyk View Post
Good for you

I get treated like crap by salesmen all the time because I am a girl with tattoos, and I guess I don't "look like" someone who "should be" driving a "nice" car....
Another female enthusiast -cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envuks View Post
Finished an MBA, paid it off, worked hard and looked up one day and realized I could afford it.... Put my head back down and continued...
Oops, I lost part of your quote but I just wanted to give you a thumbs-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMX328 View Post
Thanks.

I honestly attribute a lot of it to luck. School might have been partly my doing (getting out earlier than most), but moving up in the banking industry definitely was a mix of ambition and luck. Mostly luck, lol.

I went from Personal Banker, to Assistant Branch Manager/Senior Banker, to Branch Manager, to AVP of District Operations in two years, and recently took my VP position, and while banking is my forte... I know I'm not good enough to move that quickly without a lot of luck on my side.

So yeah, that's my story so far. I love my job, and thank everyday that I was able to excel in doing what I love. Personally, to me, it was a humbling experience.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling...
You're incredibly successful for your age... and humble. Good for you.

My story:

Grew up poor ---> didn't like being poor.

Studied hard to get out (became a doctor) ---> work hard and saved.

Driver's cars are a bit of a weakness of mine. ---> No brainer, BMW.