Private
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngb4
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt.nbg View Post
Hello,

I recently purchased an 07 e90. I come from the Subaru STi community, so in modding this car I really want to get a great sound out of it. I know it is not a Subaru and it's a completely different car, but I was wondering if anyone has any idea which exhaust set up will allow me to attain the crackle and popping noise during down shifts and hard acceleration that a lot of VW's and some E92's with after market set ups have. I know some people pull it off with straight pipe axel backs with cats, I'm just unsure.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Hi OP, I just recently purchased the BMW PE for my '11 e92 335i and all I can say is WOW! . It gives plenty of pops and gurgles on down shifts; makes a lot of people rubberneck and stare. I don't notice any pops and gurgles on acceleration, however, but I find it to emit a pretty mean tone when it gets above 2.5k rpm. It's aggressive but still refined at the same time, and plenty loud for me . Really gives you the impression it was designed EXACTLY for our cars. I will probably be posting a more in depth review and hopefully a sound clip or two in a bit, just too busy to get around to that now. Good luck!
Wow thanks so much for your reply. That sounds like a great investment for your car. Are you tuned? Also do you have any idea if that exhaust will fit the E90? Thanks
Appreciate 0